Maddock Douglas continues to grow because of inspired, smart people and innovation-minded clients. We’re always looking for others who are just as passionate and driven by innovation. If you think you have what it takes to work for us, send your relevant information and your most recent, really cool discovery to email@example.com
Don’t even THINK about clicking that link until you follow Maddock Douglas on Twitter @MaddockDouglas
Vice President – Culture of Innovation
Who is MD?
Maddock Douglas (MD) is the Agency of Innovation®. We’ve been reinventing industries vis-à-vis new products, services and business models for more than 22 years. Our purpose is to inspire and empower curiosity. This purpose allows us to consistently drive industry-changing ideas to market.
We work for and with plain-spoken and uniquely gifted people who have not lost touch with their sense of wonder — people who still believe they can change the world. We are seeking a culture-moving innovation Jedi who can break open calcified cultures and facilitate the emergence of creativity, collaboration and customer focus.
Who are you?
You are a client engagement (Ring)leader with a strong, creative, problem-solving streak. While you admire and generate creative ideas, you are most passionate about focusing on results, metrics and getting things done. Your leadership and tremendous interpersonal abilities, tenacity and charisma allow you to pull the very best out of our clients and get results from every part of the organization. You are competitive and love a challenge.
Specifically, you can be trusted to:
- Drive the design of our clients’ innovation strategies as it relates to cultural intervention; help client executives diagnose their environment and prioritize a road map of activity to move their current culture to one centered on the innovation process, tools and mindset. Includes content development, client management, project management, running executive meetings and facilitating workshops. Must be great in front of a room and behind the scenes.
- Own delivery of client engagements for culture of innovation (COI) projects, including client engagement, project management, scope, budget and schedule while managing quality and risk
- Lead extension and conversion strategy and delivery for existing COI clients, creating senior level client relationships and identifying strategic opportunities to grow the account
- Drive internal Maddock Douglas culture-building activities, share expertise across the company, provide career path guidance, live Maddock Douglas’ purpose-based mission
- Have a blast and be a shining light in the MD culture
- Advanced degree preferred
- Ten or more years of work experience in a combination of organizational development (or HR) and management consulting
- Direct experience in creating and driving corporate culture, including strategic design, interviewing, executive coaching and large group facilitation
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Reports to the SVP of innovation
Located in the Elmhurst, Ill. office outside of Chicago.
There are creative writers and there are business writers. Then there are those who have the knowledge, talent and ambition to be both. We at Maddock Douglas are a well-established innovation agency, and we’re seeking a multitalented copywriter to join our growing business.
So if you have B2B chops, B2C creativity, a strategic mind and a playful soul, we have a rewarding opportunity in an agency environment unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
- Create concepts and content for multichannel communications, including traditional marketing outlets, online, internal branding and innovation presentations
- Work within our Experience Design team as well as in close communication with our Business Leadership team
- Gain understanding of the Maddock Douglas innovation process and help concept ways to refine and promote our process
- Occasional week-day travel for client engagements
- More than three years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business writing, advertising or a related field
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Able to effectively juggle and prioritize multiple projects and switch gears when needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills with client and coworkers (we don’t hide in our offices here)
- Ambidexterity. Totally kidding. But hey, couldn’t hurt, right?
Nice to Haves
- Experience with health insurance and/or financial services
- Familiarity with digital development (websites, app development, interactive campaigns, etc.)
- Social media rock star is so cliché (and a bit over-the-top), but a social media roadie would be great
- Competency with a range of programs, including Microsoft Office, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and video editing software
Who are you?
You are process oriented and passionate about seeing the cadence of a marketing program carried through. You bring your marketing experience to the organization, infusing both discipline and better methods. You appreciate the challenges presented when working within a creative and charismatic team.
Specifically, you can be trusted to:
- Rigorously maintain our publishing rhythm (articles, webinars and videos)
- Meticulously produce our webinar program
- Oversee our social media activity
- Coordinate production of marketing and sales materials
- Manage our Salesforce.com activity
Desired skills and experience:
- College degree
- One to three years of relevant work experience
- Broad understanding of marketing and sales function
- Experience implementing marketing campaigns and managing print and online collateral
- Experience holding a team to schedules and deadlines