Who is MD?
Maddock Douglas (MD) is an innovation consulting firm focused on the intersection of ideation, transformation and activation. We help companies grow by imagining what’s next. We help companies transform themselves by facilitating culture and organization alignment. And we help companies thrive by bringing industry-changing ideas (products, services, experiences and business models, etc.) to market.
Our mission is to empower next through a relentless focus on the optimism, courage and curiosity that are fundamental to innovating.
Our people and our client collaborations are characterized by conviction in our talent and abilities, confidence in our processes and methodologies, and comfort in our sense of wonder and desire to have an impact in the world.
We are seeking an innovation “Jedi” who can lead and guide client consulting engagements with inspired accountability, alignment with client expectations and aspirations, and a deep reverence for the MD mission and brand.
Who are you?
You are a client engagement leader who will drive innovation initiatives, harness resources, lead teams and be the primary client connection to our work. You are the leader of an ensemble of consulting professionals, a process manager and a relationship commander. You have a strong, creative, problem-solving constitution with a deep passion for metrics, accomplishment, quality and results. Your leadership, interpersonal abilities, communication skills, tenacity and charisma allow you to pull the very best out of our clients and get results from every part of our organization. You are competitive, collaborative and confident.
Specifically, you can be trusted to:
- Manage, maintain, develop and sustain our relationship with senior client representatives and ensure high-quality interactions with all client stakeholders and contact points
- Own the execution and completion of assigned client engagements in conformance with agreed-upon scope, budget and schedule while managing quality and risk
- Deepen, strengthen and grow our relationships with existing clients by expanding and evolving project scopes, mining, identifying and activating new business opportunities, empowering connections, and activating relationships in authentic and impactful ways
- Empower clients and MD teams with focus, honesty, rigor and precision
- Drive internal MD culture-building activities, share expertise across the company, provide career path guidance, and live Maddock Douglas’ purpose-based mission
- Have a blast and be a shining light in the MD culture
- Advanced degree preferred
- Content depth/knowledge in marketing strategy
- Ten or more years of work experience in a creative/consulting industry
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Proven relationship management and business development experience
- Direct experience on the front lines of an innovation group within a large company and/or as a trusted advisor and strategic consultant
- Reports to the SVP of Innovation
- Located in the Elmhurst, Ill. office outside of Chicago